ABOUT BLUE BLOG

Musicians, Artists, Writers, and Poets are welcome to share their work. Submit your own work, or introduce other Artists. 

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alarm Clock

I set the clock, and advance to the rear of mind.

Retrograde walking, and then recline, to where I live part time.

Waking to my alter, my other if you will, I'm home.



Alarm bells draw me rudely, back to face my front.

I wash my face, and mask the look of discontent.

I was not sleeping, I was living, and I did not sleep alone.



- Wallace

2 comments:

r_i_d said...

As if any clock needed to be called an alarm clock. All clocks are alarming.

I haven't been wearing a watch for the last 20 years.

astranavigo said...

"Reading" makes a point.

I've collected wristwatches for some time - but I rarely wear them.

I never need an alarm - I just go to bed 'x'-hours before I know I'll wake up.

One day, I won't.